AIA Continental Europe is one of seven international chapters of The American Institute of Architects. We support architects, students, and building professionals through programs that foster fellowship between practices in Europe, the United States, and beyond.
Our members are US architects, European architects, architectural interns/assistant architects, students of architecture, and members of allied professions.
Through Europe-wide programming and events, we connect our members to one another and to invaluable European and American resources. Through additional joint activities with the six other chapters of the AIA International Region, AIA Europe connects members further to the more than 2,500 professionals belonging to AIA Middle East, AIA Hong Kong, AIA Japan, AIA Shanghai, AIA UK and AIA Canada.
The Board of Directors
AIA Europe 2017 Board of Directors
- President, Tiffany Melançon, Int'l. Assoc. AIA, SIA
- First Vice-President/ President Elect, Carsten Hanssen, Int'l. Assoc. AIA
- Vice-President, Michael Shamieh, AIA
- Secretary, Olesya Yefimov, Assoc. AIA
- Treasurer, Sandra J Zettersten AIA, Dipl.-Ing.
- France Director, Ray Spano AIA
- Germany Director, Eddie Johnson, AIA
- Italy Director, Royce Lanier, AIA
- Switzerland and Liechtenstein Director, Stefan Bieri Int'l Assoc. AIA
- Northern Europe Director, Stig Bengtsson, AIA
- Southern Europe Director, Sophia Gruzdys, AIA
- Eastern Europe Director, Bardhyl Rama, AIA
- Communications, Tiffany Melançon, Int'l. Assoc. AIA, SIA
- Continuing Education, Michael Shamieh, AIA
- Sponsorship (Corporate Partners), Sandra J Zettersten AIA, Dipl.-Ing.
- Fellowship/Honorary, Giancarlo Alhadeff FAIA
- International Region, Nóra Demeter, Int'l. Assoc. AIA
- Membership, Michael Shamieh, AIA
- Nominations (Immediate Past-President), Nóra Demeter, Int'l. Assoc. AIA
- Student Programs, Sophia Gruzdys, AIA
- Design Awards, Carsten Hanssen, Int'l. Assoc. AIA
- Parliamentarian, Alan Schwartzman FAIA